Dinner from the Rhone Valley of France at Marché– delicious! Starters, soup, salad, fish, and so much more… and the wine! Exceptional!
We tried five wines in total
- Mas Carlot Rosé Costiéres de Nimes 2010 — a bright, wonderful rosé with strawberry notes; medium-dry; a great summer drinker (3 stars out of 4)
- Abel Clement Blanc Côtes du Rhone 2009– a mild, white wine that perfectly cuts a creamy soup (like our soupe de moules au safran) (2 stars out of 4)
- J. Vidal Fleury Côtes du Rhone Blanc 2009– I really liked this viognier, it was almost smoky and oily in its surprising complexity (3 stars out of 4)
- Domaine de la Guicharde Côtes du Rhone 2009 — what my partner calls a “very jammy” red with intense fruit and lots of plum. (2 stars out of 4)
- Domaine Rouge-Bleu Mistral Côtes du Rhone 2008 — hands down my favorite of the evening; velvety with vanilla toast notes and a chocolate-cherry finish (4 stars out of 4)